Google Pixel 3 is another iteration of Google’s flagship Android phone. The phone is popular for its monster-ish specification along with its stunning mobile photography capabilities.
Last year, Google Pixel 3 is the winner of world’s best DxOMark single-camera phone.
DxO found the Pixel 3 more improved features compared to its predecessors especially its Bokeh and Zoom features. The last is the biggest increase, so far. “Pixel 3 destroys other single-camera phones,” writes DxO.
Specs-wise, the phone boasts Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 2.5 GHz quad-core processors. The Pixel 3 sports an OLED display measuring 145.6 mm x 68.2 mm x 7.9 mm and weighs 148 grams. Its screen has a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels with 439 ppi pixel density.
Being the best smartphone will not even complete without a custom recovery installed. Why? Simply because a custom recovery allows for further phone modifications, including Rooting.
The best custom recovery for many Android phones is now ruled by TWRP.
Developed by Team Win Recovery Project, TWRP has evolved to be the most used recovery around the world.
Google Pixel 3 is one of the lucky devices to receive TWRP official build. Created by Dees_troy which is the main leader of TWRP Team itself, TWRP for Pixel 3 is the rock-solid build and it is the official one.
However, the developer admits some flaws within this build. One of which is the MTP feature not working.
Download TWRP for Pixel 3
You can download TWRP both flash-able image file and its installer zip file from this direct link below.
TWRP v3.3.0-0 IMG File for Pixel 3TWRP v3.3.0-0 for Pixel 3 Blueline Image File (128 downloads)
TWRP v3.3.0-0 Installer ZIP File for Pixel 3TWRP v3.3.0-0 for Pixel 3 Blueline Zip Installer File (136 downloads)
How to Flash TWRP on Pixel 3
Follow these steps below to flash TWRP v3 on Google Pixel 3:
- Unlock the bootloader of your phone. This is a must.
- Download ADB Drivers Installer.
- Install the USB ADB Drivers on your computer.
- Download the latest Android Platform Tools.
- Extract the zip file and you should now have the “platform-tools” folder.
- Download both image (.img) and the installer (.zip) files of TWRP from the link above.
- Copy both files to the “platform-tools” folder.
- Connect your phone to the computer using its USB cable.
- Go to the “platform-tools” folder (open it in Windows Explorer).
- Type cmd in the address of Windows explorer then hit Enter.
- A command prompt windows shall appear.
- Type these lines of commands and hit Enter after each line:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot twrp-3.3.0-0-blueline.img
- The phone will reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Type this command to copy TWRP zip file:
adb push twrp-pixel3-installer-blueline-3.3.0-0.zip /tmp/
You can change /tmp/ with any folder you want. The /tmp folder is basically temporary RAM storage.
- Choose Install.
- Locate the zip file then select it.
- Do the “Swipe to confirm flash” action.
The developer warns that initial TWRP booting time will take a while. Just hold on, it’s normal.
Basically, you also need to enable USB Debugging on your phone. You should already enable this during bootloader unlocking process. Hence, we omit it.
Congratulation! You have flashed TWRP on Google Pixel 3 codename Blueline.